Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 8 January 2008

    Quick Projects: The flurry of emails continues...

    I responded to Paul's email.

    Hello Paul

    Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my email; I very much appreciate the effort you have gone to.

    The clarification that you have provided is superb as we (my peers and tutor) did consider that you included designers in other areas – product, accessibility etc – and not simply graphic design. But we were unsure if that was the case!

    For instance, I am self employed (vehicle livery, signs etc) and put forward the scenario that street furniture and signage has to be accessible for people with limited mobility and wheel chair users. This would require that signs are not positioned to high for this group to view.

    Part of our degree course covers “an aging population”, so the link that you sent on “Typography and the Aging Eye” will prove to be massively useful. Thank you.

    My tutor has encouraged us to begin a “blog” that we can put much of our notes, ideas, research etc onto. I have taken the liberty of adding your email reply to this along with your picture which I have taken from the Ohio State University website. I have included a credit to them and trust this is permissible.

    http://kramerschronicles.blogspot.com/

    I hope that you will allow me to contact you again if I have any further queries.

    Yours truly,
    Gavin Dimmock

    No comments: